If you’ve tapped into the power of ActiveCampaign’s capabilities but are looking for more, I have the perfect alternatives for you. I’ll list all the most robust ActiveCampaign alternatives to meet your marketing needs.
One of the most cost-effective ways to get your business in front of potential customers is through email marketing.
And don’t forget about its incredible return on investment (ROI) of around 54000%.
Even though ActiveCampaign is one of the most well-known email marketing solutions, it may not be appropriate for everyone.
Fortunately, there are countless choices on the market, including some of the top email marketing platforms.
So, are you ready to take in the top ActiveCampaign competitors? Let’s put these platforms under the microscope!
The Best Alternatives For ActiveCampaign
With robust automation builders and automation tools and easy-to-use opt-in builders, ConvertKit is tailor suited for content site operators and bloggers.
It all comes at a premium price, but it could be well worth it if you serve their target demographic.
ConvertKit’s Best Features:
- Designed specifically for bloggers
- Workflows that are intuitive and simple to utilize, especially for non-techies
- Marketing interface that is easy to use
- NEW tier plan that is absolutely free
- Email opt-in functionality with exit intent and complex logic
- Email designs that are focused on blogs
ConvertKit’s plans start at $29 per month for up to 1000 subscribers, then go up to $49 for 3,000.
After that, it’s $79 per month for up to 5000, and then a sliding scale for larger plans.
Related Reading: Convertkit vs Active Campaign – Read The Full Comparison Here.
GetResponse is the closest to ActiveCampaign in terms of feel, giving full-scale automation and autoresponder logic for a lower cost.
Naturally, what you get depends on the tier you subscribe to.
GetResponse’s Best Features:
- Webinar automation sequences and landing sites that are best in class. It’s the only email service, to my knowledge, that offers this!
- Alerts for sales in real-time
- Email deliverability rates are among the best in the industry
- GetResponse’s Basic and Plus plans are more affordable than ActiveCampaign’s.
- One of the first lead nurturing marketing automation solutions, with a long positive track record in business
- The app is fully optimized for mobile devices.
All plans begin with a maximum of 1000 subscribers.
Its price range depends on the accessible features.
The Basic Plan costs $15 per month, the Plus Plan costs $49 per month, and the Professional Plan costs $99 per month.
Its highest tier, the Enterprise Plan, costs $1,199 per month.
3. Constant Contact
Another long-standing email marketing industry veteran is Constant Contact.
If you’ve dismissed Constant Contact in the past, it’s time to reconsider because they’ve launched lots of new automated tools.
Constant Contact’s Best Features:
- Ideal for event-based marketing
- There is an extensive library of email templates to choose from.
- Email deliverability rates that are above average (marketing leading platform)
- For email campaigns, a simple drag-and-drop editor is available.
- Split testing functionality built-in
Constant Contact Pricing
Constant Contact has a basic service that starts at $20 per month for up to 500 contacts.
Their new email Plus option starts at $45 per month for up to 5,000 contacts.
Aweber has been one of the early email marketing service providers for small business owners for quite some time.
If you previously dismissed Aweber as lacking in marketing automation capabilities, it’s worth revisiting the platform.
Aweber has totally redesigned its automation offerings in the last few years, and it paid off.
Aweber’s Best Features:
- A generous 30-day free trial period is available.
- Marketing and email strategies that are simple to utilize (with pre-built use cases)
- In the marketing software industry, they have a long track record (since the early 2000s)
- Several integrations (including Shopify, WordPress, PayPal, Facebook, etc.) are available.
- There are upwards of 700 email templates to choose from.
- Sign-ups are made simple with a double opt-in option.
Aweber’s Basic package costs $19 per month for up to 500 subscribers and $29 per month for up to 2,500.
Then there are packages for $49 per month for up to 5,000 subscribers and $69 per month for up to 10,000 subscribers.
Lastly, you have to pay $149 per month for up to 25,000 subscribers.
Aweber can provide a tailored quote for more extensive lists.
Related Reading: How To Make 1000 A Week – Click Here To Learn More.
Moosend is one of the newest email marketing automation platforms on the market.
It has a free plan and a slew of features to get you going.
Moosend will provide you with advanced automated workflows and different pre-made recipes to save you time.
That’s in addition to the marketing automation platform’s drag-and-drop builder and responsive email templates.
Moosend’s Best Features:
- Responsive and customizable email newsletter templates are available for free.
- Segments your email list to provide customized information to your readers
- Real-time data and analytics to track the success of your campaign
- Personalization elements to fulfill the needs of your target audience
- Connect your favorite apps and boost your productivity using integrations.
- Advanced marketing automation to appropriately target your audience
- With smart pages and a landing page builder, you can increase your conversion rates.
You can construct forms and automated workflows with Moosend’s free account.
A free account allows you to send unlimited emails to up to 1,000 subscribers per month.
The landing page builder, transactional emails, and other features are available for $8 per month.
SharpSpring is an excellent alternative to explore whether you’re a marketing agency or a huge corporate company.
SharpSpring is the best automation platform if you need to achieve outcomes for your clients.
It’s more expensive upfront, but if you have a whole book of clients, you’ll save more than with ActiveCampaign.
SharpSpring gains a substantial advantage over AC by communicating directly to larger businesses.
- Many dashboard customizations are available based on specific company requirements.
- There is a fully accessible mobile app for iOS and Android.
- The client-facing product offers are completely brandable on all tiers.
- Workflows with advanced features like branching (more comprehensive in some cases than ActiveCampaign)
- Push notifications of sales alerts in real-time
- Templates can be created and shared across numerous clients.
- SharpSpring is cheaper than ActiveCampaign at its $6,000 flat cost at enterprise levels, despite the higher starting price points.
- SAP, Oracle, Netsuite, and other significant enterprise software suites are all completely integrated.
SharpSpring costs $550 per month for 1,500 contacts, $850 for 10,000 contacts, and $1,250 for 20,000 contacts.
Custom Agency and Enterprise pricing are available.
SharpSpring additionally charges an onboarding fee of $1,800 to set up your system properly.
Mailchimp is the world’s most popular marketing automation software, with a variety of tools for creating effective email campaigns.
Even though it has many of the same features as ActiveCampaign, Mailchimp’s user-friendly tools may appeal to you.
Examining Mailchimp’s marketing automation software, the tool is geared for novices.
It includes a wealth of learning tools.
One of Mailchimp’s benefits is behavioral tagging, which allows you to develop more targeted email messages for your subscribers.
In addition, the platform has some excellent sales automation tools that enable you to send targeted follow-up emails.
More complicated automation depending on user behavior, on the other hand, might be more challenging to put up.
Overall, if you want easy automation tools and a multitude of integrations, Mailchimp is an excellent alternative.
MailChimp’s Best Features:
- Create landing pages on the fly with the mobile app.
- Email testing on several devices
- Targeting based on advanced segmentation and behavior
- Integrations with social media and more
- Custom workflows with many steps
While Mailchimp offers a free subscription, it only allows you to send emails to 2,000 people per month.
Of course, it has limited functionality. Paid plans for the platform begin at $10 per month with the Essentials plan.
One of the earliest robust email automation software solutions was Drip, which is now part of LeadPages.
Drip is promoting itself as the go-to automation platform for digital commerce, with close interfaces with Shopify and eCommerce platforms.
Drip’s Best Features:
- Free Trial for 14 Days
- Closely connected with Shopify (especially in light of Mailchimp’s split from Shopify)
- Subscriber tagging and a simple visual automation builder (segmentation)
- LeadPages and associated products are seamlessly connected
- Built for everlasting “drip campaigns,” as the name implies
- Opt-in forms with a high CTR that are simple to implement (with templates for quickstart)
Scalable pricing starts at $49 per month for up to 2500 contacts.
Related Reading: How To Make Money Instantly – Click Here To Learn More.
Sendlane is a relative newcomer to the email marketing platform landscape.
It still has to prove itself in the industry, but it’s gaining traction as a viable alternative to ActiveCampaign.
Sendlane’s Best Features:
- Improved landing page creator and templates for landing pages (built-in)
- Real-time sales alerts
- The platform for full-spectrum marketing
- Improved user interface
- Predictive analytics built-in to optimize “send times.”
- Capabilities for advanced ROI tracking
Sendlane’s packages start at $25 per month for the Basic Plan and $45 per month for the Full Plan.
Customers from services like ActiveCampaign have been steadily being snatched up by the other “blue” marketing automation platform.
Sendinblue mimics the most remarkable aspects of AC but scales effectively at a lower cost.
I’m not sure how they manage it, but it’s true.
They’re one of the most well-known newcomers in the marketing automation industry.
Sendinblue’s Best Features:
- Simple marketing automation that is easier to use and get started with
- Heatmap email analytics optimize the buyer’s journey and identify “leaks” in your marketing funnel.
- Alerts for sales in real-time (transactional emails).’
- Pricing plans scale better at greater levels than ActiveCampaign segmentation features (more affordable price)
- Its marketing tool optimizes “send time.”
- Unlimited contacts but not unlimited emails are accessible in the free plan pricing tier.
Sendinblue starts at $0 per day for up to 300 emails.
Paid packages start at $25 per month for up to 40,000 emails, $39 for up to 60,000, and $66 for up to 120,000.
Custom pricing is available beyond that.
Ontraport is a completely “grown up” CRM marketing software solution for 360-degree contact management and nurturing.
It would be a step-up if you enjoyed ActiveCampaign for its CRM-lite capabilities.
It’s a little more technical, but it’s also more effective.
Ontraport’s Best Features:
- For optimal send times, better predictive analytics are built-in.
- Workflows for multichannel marketing that are effective
- Marketing services for automated campaign creation have a long track record in the sector.
- Fleshed-out automated workflows
- Contact and relationship management from beginning to end
- Alerts for sales in real-time
- It’s more affordable than competing CRM choices like InfusionSoft (by Keap)
- You can start with a 14-day free trial.
Ontraport’s Basic Plan is $79 per month, the Plus Plan costs $147, and the Pro Plan costs $297.
Lastly, the Enterprise Plan costs $497.
SendX is undoubtedly unfamiliar to you, but that’s because it’s still a newcomer to the marketing software market!
However, as the next generation of email automation systems evolves, I love some of the capabilities and automation they’ve incorporated.
SendX’s Best Features:
- There is a 30-day free trial available.
- Subscribing to the free plan doesn’t require a credit card.
- Their Opti-Send Technology is a one-of-a-kind deliverability booster.
- Visual email and sequence builder/workflows with drag and drop capability
- Heatmap tracking built-in
- There are 500k free stock photographs to choose from.
- Bots and chatbot triggers are tightly integrated.
- It’s a platform for full-spectrum marketing
- Their customer support team is available by email, live chat, and phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Starting at $7.49 a month (in comparison to ActiveCampaign pricing), it’s a more affordable option.
- A/B split testing is built-in.
- There is no monthly restriction on the number of emails you can send.
- Notifications and messages within the app
- Targeted marketing initiatives using advanced segmentation
- Automations based on website activity (email sequences prompted by user behavior on-site)
SendX’s plans start at $7.49 a month for up to 1000 subscribers, then $14.99 for up to 2500 subscribers.
After that, it’s $29.99 for up to 5,000 subscribers, $39.99 for up to 10,000 subscribers, and $44.99 for up to 10,000 subscribers.
For more extensive lists, enterprise plans and custom pricing are available.
Hubspot is the “next step” to take if you’re looking for a more sophisticated full-spectrum CRM automation platform and marketing Hub.
Hubspot CRM has a long history in the industry and is well-known for its completely free CRM (and pricey add-ons).
Hubspot’s Best Features:
- If you use Hubspot to manage all of your marketing products, it’ll save you money.
- Excellent scoring and lead management
- Dashboards with multiple views and segments for deeper analytics (compared to ActiveCampaign)
- To get started, you can use a completely free CRM marketing platform. However, payment is required to expand to the full suite.
- Workflows that are completely automated (and pre-made templates to follow)
- For large sales and marketing teams, this platform is ideal.
Hubspot offers a free CRM and $50 monthly Starter, $800 monthly Professional, and $3,200 monthly Enterprise packages.
With fully automated sequence builders and an appealing pricing strategy, the MailerLite email marketing tool is another option to explore.
MailerLite’s Best Features:
- Provides an entirely free plan with up to 1000 subscribers or 12,000 monthly emails (whichever is higher)
- Photo resizing and editing features are built-in (no need for separate marketing automation software).’
- When compared to ActiveCampaign, it is generally less expensive at each pricing tier.
- Excellent email marketing tool with no confusing upsells
- A drag-and-drop email newsletter maker that is simple to use
Mailerlite offers a free version with up to 1,000 subscribers and a $10/month version with up to 1000 subscribers.
They have a $15/month version with up to 2,500 subscribers and a $30/month version with up to 5,000 subscribers.
Lastly, there’s a $50/month version with up to 10,000 subscribers.
Related Reading: How To Manifest Money – Read The Full Article Here.
Email marketing is still the most effective way to generate new leads and convert clicks into customers.
While ActiveCampaign is a well-known email marketing automation software, it is by no means the only one.
This list has something for everyone, from very approachable, accessible platforms with drag-and-drop editors to customized alternative solutions.
So, have a look at the tools and their capabilities and take advantage of the free trials.
Better yet, sign up for a free plan to make the proper decision in the future!