Every few months I check on financial tools to make sure I’m getting the best deals – feel free to save your hours of research and just read this post.
My latest Gem —- Fidelity Investments.
Fidelity has been off my radar for years because I always assumed if I wasn’t going to have an equity portfolio with them (as I don’t trade or invest in equities), then there wasn’t going to be a useful product for me. Man was I wrong.
Let me name you a few of the benefits that I’m getting right now just for opening an online checking account with them.
1) No minimum deposit required
2) Earning interest (currently less than 1% – but more than the 0% I get from my local bank)
3) Access to Amex credit card that receives 2% cash back on every purchase.
4) Ability to deposit checks from my mobile app
Wow – that’s good stuff! Ok, let’s break it down now…
As I said, there is no minimum deposit required to open an account (or to earn interest for that matter). Now if you want to deposit checks from the mobile app, then you’ll need at least $2,500 in the account and have the account open for 30 days before you can do this.
Clark Howard actually made mention of this credit card in a book that I read. He stated that in general it was the best one out there. Many will provide 1% cash back on all purchases and others will include up to 5% back on specific purchases. But this card will give you back 2% — on all purchases, all the time. [disclaimer: only use this option if you pay your balance in full every month. If so, you make $20 for every $1,000 that you spend. The merchant pays this bill. If you are continuously carrying a balances on your cards, then I’m not necessarily proposing you to use this card].
The only way to get access to this American Express card is by opening the cash management account first. See further details of the cash management (online checking) account below.
1) Tell the app the amount of the deposit.
2) Snap a photo of the front and back of the check.
3) Submit the deposit to the bank! [you are advised to hold on to the check for 30 days just in case there are any issues]
I’ve found this package to be one of the best deals I’ve seen thus far. What about you?